Friday, December 3, 2010

I HAVE A COMPUTER AGAIN!

God bless the folks at Free Geek.

A friend told me about this place some months back, and thought it sounded neat - so I went in today, still not really sure what to expect. BUT IT WAS GREAT. They even had a robot for sale.

FreeGeek is a charity which refurbish and resell/repurpose old computer equipment, and safely recycle everything else. If ever you need to dispose of old computer stuff, or if you need parts, keyboards, cords, etc, go see the thrift store at Freegeek!

Thanks to these ladies and gentlemen I was able to bring home a tower for very little money! It runs on Ubuntu, and needed no crazy drivers for setting up my tablet. So far it seems like a really friendly, smooth-running OS (And Ubuntu is freee.)

Best of all I can get back to working on stuff again! HOORAH!!

No comments: